Jackie & Lee
Jacqueline and her little sister Lee (born three years apart), dazzled the world with their vibrant wardrobes.
The sisters adored traveling, horseback riding and always made headlines everywhere they went as stylish, aristocractic Americans.
While Jackie was known as the First Lady of Style, for years Lee served as her stylist, helping her find just the right look for state dinners and official outings.
Author Truman Capote adored Lee… “I can’t think of any woman more feminine than Lee Radziwill—not even Audrey Hepburn.”
Five lessons from Lee Radziwill:
- Never shy away from bright colors. They make you look bolder.
- Pick a signature color and own it. Think “blush & bashful!”
- You can never have too many sunglasses… I wonder if Lee helped Jackie pick out hers?
- Layer in accessories for sparkle…Lee said, “I like to create rooms which are essentially traditional —and then add touches of the bizarre and the delicious.”
- Curate a wardrobe filled with elegant pieces like fur coats, trench coats, and A-line dresses. Be sure to dress well for any occasion, whether it be attending a dinner party or buying groceries at the supermarket.
I always begin a room with the rug; it is literally the foundation of the space. I then go on to the furniture. ~Lee Radziwell