My son has been noticing that I’ve been whipping this chocolate dessert up in the kitchen for his teachers and my co-workers and said, “why not us mom?” He’s right! It’s too good and simple not to share. This is my go-to recipe when I want to make something fabulous. They never suspect how incredibly simple it is.
I’ll make it before I go to bed and in the morning, the chocolate will be set and ready to go.
Serve with fresh berries and chocolate shavings. Or if you have any left over Girl Scout cookies, crumble up some Thin Mints on top.
Chocolate Pots de Creme:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups milk, scalded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the chocolate chips, sugar, egg, milk, salt and vanilla in a blender.
- Blend at a high speed until smooth. Take care not to boil the cream or it may burn…it needs to be hot enough to melt the chocolate.
- Pour immediately into six small dessert glasses.
- Chill in the refrigerator to set for at least four hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream, fresh fruit and a chocolate shavings.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Combine all ingredients. Using mixer, whip for several minutes.