What have been your favorite things to do while you’re at home?
These are mine…
- Paddleboarding. I recently got my very own SUP board and it’s made this time so much better. I toss it in the pool to practice yoga and Pilates and test my balance and then take it to the lake to paddle.
- Virtual cooking class. My last post was about taking a cooking class in Julia Child’s kitchen in Provence. Someday I hope to visit her home in person but virtual cooking with Makenna makes me so happy!
- Two favorite podcasts to take with you when you walk, ride your bike, SUP… Until art museums open back up, listening to the Lonely Palette satisfies that desire I have to go to a museum. A good daily dose of art history is like having the best cup of coffee in the morning. The other podcast that I’m obsessed with is Everything is Fine. If you’re over 40, you probably remember Kim France from Sassy magazine. I’m a former Sassy girl and wish something similar was out there for my daughter. Everything is Fine is for ladies over 40. The talk about cooking, menopause, fashion, failure, beauty products and more.
- Virtual ballet class. Taking ballet with my daughter has been the highlight of staying at home. We adore Tiler Peck’s live classes and being introduced to the amazing and interesting people she interviews. Even if you don’t take the ballet class, you should stay for the conversations. Tiler Peck is our favorite ballerina because she so nice and relatable. We LOVE to “turn it out with Tiler!” My regular adult ballet class has been zooming every week and that has been so nice to keep connections. Last week, our ballet teacher was sick but we decided to stay on and visit for the hour.
- Working on my 2020 Goodreads book challenge. What have you been reading lately? Here are my last five books from this month: The Henna Artist, Citizen, Pride and Prejudice, The Last Collection & Dutch Girl. I enjoy seeing what my friends are reading and adding the books to my “want to read” tap.
- Virtual Pilates. If you want to take a kick ass class in NYC or DallasI can tell you where to sign up… You can “feel the real” in Real Pilates NYC. You NEED to take Tela’s class! She makes you work soooo hard but you’re still smiling when you sweat. Pilates Methodology in Dallas is another “Real Pilates” studio. Try Rachael Lieck Bryce’s virtual class on Thursdays.
Wishing you a safe summer and hope you find some happy and creative inspiration.